Spring is here, break out the flowers and the chocolate eggs, it’s time to enjoy some much-needed warmth. Here are a couple of ways you can get the spring feeling into your home.
These Rice Krispy egg nests are so fun to make and so simple! Grab the kids and create these nests together as a family.
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1 10 oz bag of marshmallows
- 6 cups of crisp rice (or rice krispies)
- Edible Grass
- Robins egg candies
- Melt the butter over medium heat and stir in the marshmallows. Continue stirring until completely melted. Pour the mixture over the crisp rice cereal and stir until well combined.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray and shape the nests. I found it helpful to also spray a spoon and use it to help make the indents. You could do this by hand but it would be quite messy!
- To fill:
- Let the rice krispies cool in the pan, pull them out, and decorate! Break up the edible Easter grass, place it in the nest and fill the nest with the eggs.
These Spring wreaths are a perfect touch to any home. All you need is a large embroidery hoop and some greenery garland, both from Hobby Lobby. To attach the greenery, just double it onto itself, adjusting it a little to get it to cover about one half to two-thirds of the hoop. Then use a thin floral wire to wire it on. So easy! I decided to add this little “happy” as well, borrowed from my Happy New Year banner. They can be used for all kinds of projects! I just hung the “happy” with string, and then hung the wreath with ribbon! I’m loving it! You could add more flowers or greenery if you wanted to, and customize it for the seasons.