Healthy meals don’t have to take hours of your day just to prepare, there are several options of meals that are not only healthy for you but quick to make. Here are five quick meals that you and your family will enjoy! They are good for your body, but they don’t lack in flavor and taste. Give them a try, and let us know how it goes!
15 Minute Healthy Roasted Chicken and Veggies (One Pan)
This is great when you are hungry but lazy and are on the edge of calling take out. Instead, pop these healthy veggies and chicken in the oven and I assure you, they will be ready before the take out is supposed to arrive. Plus, they are 1000 times healthier and tastier. Serve these veggies with a side of rice, quinoa, or bread.
Prep time: 5 min Cook time: 15 min Total time: 20 min Author: Layla Serves: 2
- 2 medium chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped (any color)
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- ½ cup tomatoes, chopped or plum/grape
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 500-degrees F
- Chop all the veggies into large pieces. On another cutting board chop the chicken into cubes.
- Place the chicken and veggies in a medium roasting dish or sheet pan. Add the olive oil, salt and pepper, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Toss to combine
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the veggies are charred and chicken is cooked. Enjoy with rice, pasta, or a salad.
Chicken and Avocado Burritos
These burritos are so simple yet so flavorful! Treat yourself and make these for a quick lunch or light dinner. They are so easy to make, you simply wrap the chicken, avocado, cheese, salsa verde, sour cream and cilantro up in a tortilla, grill it and enjoy! Just make sure to put the cheese on the top or bottom of the burrito so that is melts and gets all nice and ooey and gooey when it’s grilled. Feel free to serve these burritos with extra salsa and sour cream for dipping! These burritos don’t take long to make, they are nice and portable, filling and most importantly, packed full of flavor!
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
Burritos stuffed with juicy chicken, cool and creamy avocado, oozy gooey melted cheese, spicy salsa verde and sour cream!
- 4 burrito sized tortillas (corn tortillas for gluten-free), warmed
- 1 pound cooked chicken, sliced or shredded
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Assemble the burritos, optionally toast, and enjoy!
Egg and Avocado Breakfast Sandwich
Breakfast on the go! You can make these at home or even in your office at work!
- 1 Thomas’ Everything Bagel Thin
- ¾ cup egg whites
- 10-15 fresh spinach leaves
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow Herb & Garlic Cheese
- 2 slices tomato
- 2-4 slices avocado
- kosher salt
- Cholula hot sauce
- Toast bagel thin in the toaster or toaster oven. In a small bowl (I used disposable bowls at the office) add egg whites and spinach leaves, season with kosher salt. Place in microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds, keeping an eye on the eggs so they don’t overflow.
- Smear wedge of cheese on toasted bagel thin and add slices of tomato. Spoon egg out of bowl in a single patty and place on top of cheese and tomato, top with avocado. Season with more salt and hot sauce if desired.
Healthy Broccoli Slaw Fish Tacos
These fish tacos will not disappoint. They are so delicious and filling, you will want to share this recipe with all your friends!
Broccoli Slaw Ingredients:
- 2 cups shredded broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly chopped
- 1/4 cup apple cider or white vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced and zest
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- Splash of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
Broccoli Slaw Directions:
- Mix broccoli slaw, carrots, jalapeño, and onion in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small bowl mix vinegar, lime juice and zest, honey, olive oil, and salt, pepper, and cilantro. Add to broccoli slaw mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate.
- 1 pound halibut and cut into 2 inch filets, rinsed, and patted dry with a paper towel
- 1 tablespoon oil olive
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brush a large skillet (I like cast iron) with olive oil. Heat skillet over medium high.
- Brush each side of halibut with olive oil and sprinkle with cumin, and some salt and pepper.
- Place the halibut in the skillet and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side, until fish starts to flake.
- To make tacos heat corn or flour tortillas in a skillet or microwave until warm and soft. Add flaked halibut and broccoli slaw. Although I think it tastes great just as it is you could add your favorite toppings such as avocados, tomatoes, or a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Healthy Southwestern Pizza
Craving pizza? Give this healthy alternative to a Southwestern pizza a try! All your cravings will be easily satisfied.
Prep time: 8 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Makes: 3 servings
- Nonstickcooking spray
- 1 12-inch 100% whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 cup prepared tomato salsa
- 1 1/4 cups shredded reduced-fat 2 percent mozzarella
- 1 1/3 cups canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and thinly sliced (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves for garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place crust on sheet and top with salsa, 1 cup mozzarella, beans, sliced red pepper, and scallions. Top with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Place pizza in oven and bake 8 to 10 minutes or until mozzarella is melted. Remove from oven and garnish with cilantro if desired. Cut into six slices and serve.